Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Being Effy + Wearable lingerie

As I said in my last post Effy doesn't dress to please others. She is the typical grunge girl and I love her for that. Recreating her style was challenging since I usually try to be more polished, but it was exciting and a little wild for me to try her looks. I did, however, find a designer in the May issue of Nylon magazine who makes lingerie-type tops inspired by the '30s and '40s. The brand is called Overton Monroe and their intention was to make "wearable lingerie as a textural layering piece." Check out their site and I will show how I layer vintage lingerie in an upcoming post.

Note: this shoot was purely done to test "Effy-ish" looks. The cigarette used in some of the photos is purely for character purposes. I DO NOT support the use of tobacco products.
Thanks!





top: Alice + Olivia 
leggings: Xhilaration -- Target
boots: Burberry 
purse: vintage Chanel 
bullet necklace: Get Frisked original (if you live in boulder check them out! Really amazing vintage and original accessories)
rings: MeowMeow (another really amazing store in Boulder that sells everything from baby clothes to posters to clothes and accessories) 









top: Target
jeans: 575
jacket: Xhilaration - Target 
boots: Doc Martens
necklace: MeowMeow
purse: Jamin Puech 





lingerie top: Victoria Secret
vest: Rebecca Taylor 
leggings: Target
chain necklaces: MeowMeow
snake ring: MeowMeow
earrings: Temptations
other ring: thirfted 
hat: Kat's


All photos done by the lovely and talented Kat! 



No comments:

Post a Comment