Thursday, May 19, 2011

Dress For Less


I've heard several times from ladies and gentlemen that they cannot afford to dress fashionably. Well, I'm here to tell you that it most certainly is possible to dress fashionably while on a budget. Lots of designers are feeling the pressure from department stores that their pricing is too grand for an economy in a recession. Thanks to stores like Target and Topshop people on a budget, such as myself, are able to splurge on items we originally could not afford. I tend to save my allowance and go to Nordstrom Rack because they usually have really amazing deals if you take the time to search through their items.
Recently, I've fallen in love with the 'bandage' look that Herve Leger has made iconic throughout the years. The only problem is that their price point is incredible high ($950-$3,00). So, I've had to look for alternative brands that offer the same look but for much more reasonable prices. I came across brands such as: Pleasure Doing Business and BCBG MaxAzaria and found that I could achieve the same look but for less.
 Also while I was on the east coast my family took me to Pier Village in New Jersey and I came across  this amazing boutique that offered bandage skirts and dresses for as little as $20-50 dollars! If you ever find yourself there please visit Jenna&Molly boutique and tell them that S sent you from Effy's Eyeliner for a wicked sweet discount. The ladies who work there tell me that they get new clothing and jewelry daily so hurry on over there as quickly as possible! (the site is currently under renovation but the address is Pier Village--12&24 Centennial Drive, Westfield--206 E Broad St, 07740)






Jacket: Bebe
White Tee: Hanes WifeBeater 
Skirt: Pleasure Doing Business
Heels: Steve Madden
Necklace: Nordstrom 





Top: James Perse $60
Skirt: BP Nordstrom-- Lily White $22
Heels: Valentino (yes a splurge but I got them for Christmas, thanks mommy)
Necklace and Bracelets: Thrifted 



Top: Robbi & Nikki about $120
Skirt: Caribbean Queen @ Jenna & Molly $32
Heels: Jessica Simpson -- on sale from Nordstrom Rack $45





Top: Tory Burch-- on sale $120
Skirt: Wow Couture @ Jenna&Molly $24
Bracelet: Target - $12
Shoes: Valentino 





Dress: BCBG MaxAzaria $120
Shoes: Steve Madden $60
Earrings: Thrifted 
Ring: Forever 21 $5






Shorts: Touve $120
Top: Calvin Klein $40
Heels: Steve Madden $60
Ring: $30
Cross Necklace: $10
Necklace and Earring set: $22

This look was inspired by the movie Country Strong. Gwyneth Paltrow's weardrobe was glamorously disheveled... think loads of diamonds and expensive furs. I watched it during my flight back home and just had to emulate her look. Hopefully I did it justice. 
-S


No comments:

Post a Comment