Sunday, July 8, 2012

Sunday DIY

Today has been particularly gloomy, so I decided to add a little light into my world by creating a DIY candle and flower holder. I'm very pleased with the finished product and am very excited to use my little creations as props for future photo shoots!
Below is a step-by-step guide so that you too can create your own candle or flower holder!
Have a good Sunday,
S

1. I bought these bottles on a whim, but was pleasantly surprised when I thought to make flower and candle holders out of them. I was a little afraid it was not going to work, however I'm so happy it did!
 I hope you all will try it yourself too!!! 

2. After peeling off the labels I had to remove the excess with nail polish remover. I would recommend using latex-free gloves during this step since your hands and fingers get somewhat damaged after being exposed to the chemicals in the polish remover. 

3. I also removed the caps and cut the plastic rings off

4. I bought these fake flowers at Michael's. 
I cut the stems since they were too long for such small bottles. 



And the finished product! 

No comments:

Post a Comment