Monday, May 21, 2012

The Pyjama Pant

 I've always loved how men's wear is tailored to perfection. So, it's no surprise that women often seek out men's clothes and have them altered to fit their body. (I usually just take my daddy's, sorry Papi!)
While reading the April issue of Elle UK, I was immediately drawn to the story about the Pyjama Pant.
In order to achieve this look, one must chose a pant that fits their waist perfectly, since the length can easily be adjusted.
The pants I chose to showcase in this story were both purchased at Nordstrom, which was wonderful because Nordstrom always has tailors on hand to alter any garment. My Seventy Two Changes (jean colored) pants are a perfect fit around my waist, however the bottom was super long so I had them altered.  Additionally, my Halogen pants were a little loose around the waist, so I would try to shrink this brand as much as possible so they fit better. Again, don't forget to make sure the length works on your body.  (Halogen usually runs a bit large, so that's something to keep in mind when shopping.)  
Good luck readers and don't forget to leave a comment if you try this look yourself!
Cheers,
-S



top: H&M
pants: Seventy Two Changes 
heels: Aldo
watch: Michael Kors
earrings: Kate Spade (similar style found here)
sunnies: Target 



heels: Sam Edelman 
sweater: Free People






top: Trouve 
pants: Halogen
heels: Aldo
watch: mom's 
bracelets: amazing find in Sayulita, Mexico 


PS. GIVEAWAY WILL BE PHOTOGRAPHED TONIGHT AND SHOWCASED TOMORROW!  DON'T FORGET TO BECOME A FOLLOWER AND LEAVE A COMMENT! :)

1 comment: